One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said on arrival at one's destination.
- ‘And here we are, waterbussed to Academia for a sublime platter of Venetian antipasti.’
- ‘However, after all the frustration, here we are and I thank you for your patience and continued support.’
- ‘And so here we are at Lagavulin, exhilarated by our journey and safely anchored with drinks in hand.’
- ‘Jenson, here we are at the British Grand Prix and you are on the front row.’
- ‘So here we are with all this technology and scientific knowledge at our disposal - what should we do?’
- ‘So here we are, on some ghastly winter morning in a glass and concrete office block on the North Circular.’
- ‘But here we are, through to the FA Cup quarter-finals and we've got a home draw for good measure.’
- ‘We had hoped that one day it would happen and suddenly here we were.’
- ‘So here we are at another election and none of it is very inspiring.’
- ‘So here we are, surrounded by freshly plowed fields and yapping farm dogs in the distance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.