One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At the present time.‘we're going to settle this here and now’as noun ‘our obsession with the here and now’
now, at the moment, at present, just now, right now, at the present time, at the present moment, at this time, at this moment in time, currentlyView synonyms
- ‘I drift in and out of the here and now, seesawing my attention between my immediate environment and my thoughts.’
- ‘Of course, questions should be asked about past maintenance, but that will not solve the hazard posed here and now.’
- ‘However, the whole of UK industry is wrestling with the weaknesses of our transport system here and now.’
- ‘In such an environment, it is hard to resist living purely for the here and now, for our own immediate fulfilment.’
- ‘Most of us have no idea how to be present, just here and now, without thinking of the past or planning the future.’
- ‘Let me state here and now that I will not purchase black bags so that the council's bin men can take away the garbage from my home.’
- ‘This is not true as I am still here and I would like to put the record straight about this here and now.’
- ‘He's catapulted into old age to experience the last days of his life, and the teenage hellion he once was turns up in the here and now.’
- ‘His intention in doing the exercise was to become more present in the here and now, more active and energised and alive.’
- ‘It is a preoccupation, keeping the individual from being totally present, in the here and now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.