One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The two primary ruling families of sixteenth-century Europe, the Hapsburgs and the Valois, are represented heraldically above the doors aligned along the villa's central front-to-back longitudinal axis.’
- ‘The entrance is heraldically framed by the stubby rounded shapes of the vomitoria, clad in dark blue metal over red brick plinths.’
- ‘The bed itself was devoid of such imagery, and the princely coronet on the headboard was heraldically appropriate.’
- ‘The lion is a canting emblem for Leo X, though here, facing to sinister, it is heraldically incorrect.’
- ‘One stamp contains an image of a lion fish, heraldically striped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.