One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One's wife.‘Liz said she didn't mind how I introduced her, provided it wasn't as ‘her indoors’’
girlfriend, girl, sweetheart, partner, significant other, inamorata, fiancéeView synonyms
- ‘Anyway, back from the pub and out for a quick meal with her indoors and that concludes the heady celebrations.’
- ‘I'm bound to want it but it's justifying it to her indoors that is the difficult bit.’
- ‘Needing a quick drink after our shocking experience, we repaired to Garavan's and discoursed sapiently before the Merc had to get home to her indoors with the rolling pin.’
- ‘Announce that you are going on holiday or on an even longer break without him or her indoors and you may as well be signing your divorce papers.’
- ‘It would be a brilliant way of getting away from her indoors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.