One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One's wife.‘Liz said she didn't mind how I introduced her, provided it wasn't as ‘her indoors’’
girlfriend, girl, sweetheart, partner, significant other, inamorata, fiancéeView synonyms
- ‘It would be a brilliant way of getting away from her indoors.’
- ‘I'm bound to want it but it's justifying it to her indoors that is the difficult bit.’
- ‘Anyway, back from the pub and out for a quick meal with her indoors and that concludes the heady celebrations.’
- ‘Announce that you are going on holiday or on an even longer break without him or her indoors and you may as well be signing your divorce papers.’
- ‘Needing a quick drink after our shocking experience, we repaired to Garavan's and discoursed sapiently before the Merc had to get home to her indoors with the rolling pin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.