Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a valency of seven.
- ‘The new heptavalent conjugated pneumococcal vaccine should be given from two months of age.’
- ‘There is no evidence before me of the solubility either of divalent or of heptavalent manganese.’
- ‘Eskola and colleagues reported the results of a large, randomized, double-blind trial in Finland to test the ability of a heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine to prevent acute otitis media.’
- ‘The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently approved the labeling of a new conjugate heptavalent pneumococcal vaccine for use in infants and children.’
- ‘Administration of trivalent licensed antitoxin or heptavalent botulinum may prevent or decrease a patient's progression to respiratory failure and hasten recovery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.