One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- technical term for digestive gland
- ‘For some experiments, samples of gill, claw muscle, hepatopancreas, gonad, and thoracic ganglion were also removed to serve as controls.’
- ‘Twenty-four hours later, the hepatopancreas, gills and muscle tissue were removed from each animal.’
- ‘Yolk proteins may be produced in follicle cells or the ovary or even the hepatopancreas and fat body.’
- ‘Hemolymph flow rates to the mouthparts increased during feeding; perfusion of the foregut and hepatopancreas increased during digestion.’
- ‘Previous studies suggest that the site of decapod crustacean vitellogenin synthesis is the ovary, the hepatopancreas or both.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.