Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormal enlargement of the liver.
- ‘With chronic congestive hepatomegaly, cardiac cirrhosis may occur.’
- ‘All of these can be shown by hematologic abnormalities or hepatomegaly with liver test perturbation.’
- ‘On examination, he was mildly dehydrated and showed petechiae over his trunk and limbs; no lymphadenopathy, hepatomegaly, splenomegaly, or bone masses were identified.’
- ‘Hepatic cysts may cause hepatomegaly or become infected.’
- ‘No vaccine is available to prevent hepatitis C hepatomegaly.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.