One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liver cell.
- ‘For these reasons, a direct tumorigenic effect that transforms infected hepatocytes into malignant cells is probably unlikely.’
- ‘There is no evidence of toxicity related to the pure form of milk thistle, and there is weak evidence of a hepatocyte plasma cell membrane protective effect.’
- ‘Histologically the tumor cells closely resemble normal hepatocytes, although the cytoplasm may be more acidophilic or hydropic than in those cells in the surrounding liver.’
- ‘As the inflammation destroys the bile ducts, it spreads and begins to damage cells of the liver called hepatocytes.’
- ‘Largely composed of cells known as hepatocytes, which are involved in a multiplicity of synthetic, metabolic, and biotransformatory processes, the liver is unusual in that it is perfused with a dual blood supply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.