One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liver cell.
- ‘As the inflammation destroys the bile ducts, it spreads and begins to damage cells of the liver called hepatocytes.’
- ‘Largely composed of cells known as hepatocytes, which are involved in a multiplicity of synthetic, metabolic, and biotransformatory processes, the liver is unusual in that it is perfused with a dual blood supply.’
- ‘There is no evidence of toxicity related to the pure form of milk thistle, and there is weak evidence of a hepatocyte plasma cell membrane protective effect.’
- ‘For these reasons, a direct tumorigenic effect that transforms infected hepatocytes into malignant cells is probably unlikely.’
- ‘Histologically the tumor cells closely resemble normal hepatocytes, although the cytoplasm may be more acidophilic or hydropic than in those cells in the surrounding liver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.