One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of viral hepatitis transmitted in infected blood, causing chronic liver disease.
- ‘Scottish haemophiliacs infected with hepatitis C by contaminated blood products may not suspect they are carrying the deadly virus.’
- ‘Women at increased risk should be tested for hepatitis C infection, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.’
- ‘He warned, however, the number of deaths from liver disease caused by hepatitis C would continue to rise.’
- ‘Acute hepatitis C viral infection may present with very mild intermittent symptoms, or no symptoms at all.’
- ‘The patient was positive for hepatitis C and herpes simplex virus 1 and 2 antibody.’
- ‘Factors such as alcohol abuse and hepatitis C may accelerate disease expression.’
- ‘Vaccination is also recommended for persons with chronic hepatitis C infection.’
- ‘The Blood Bank admitted that an error was made in asking people infected with hepatitis C to donate blood.’
- ‘The widow of a Swindon man who died after receiving blood infected with hepatitis C has vowed to fight on in her bid for compensation.’
- ‘Some patients treated with products from donor blood have been infected with hepatitis C and HIV.’
- ‘Chronic liver disease due to hepatitis C virus typically progresses slowly and usually does not result in major morbidity for many years.’
- ‘The two firms plan to use the cow to develop medicines for diseases such as hepatitis C, pneumonia and rheumatism, she said.’
- ‘Panicky use of unsterile needles may transmit HIV, hepatitis C, or other infections.’
- ‘Chronic hepatitis C virus infection has a long course, and most patients are diagnosed in a presymptomatic stage.’
- ‘Injectors have a higher risk of overdosing or acquiring blood-borne diseases like hepatitis C and HIV.’
- ‘A person infected with the virus that causes hepatitis C often has no symptoms until liver damage has occurred.’
- ‘A number of the haemophiliacs also contracted hepatitis C from the infected blood products.’
- ‘Some people who received blood transfusions and blood products before this were infected with hepatitis C from donor blood.’
- ‘Twenty five patients with chronic hepatitis C and 25 healthy controls were studied.’
- ‘In fact, chronic hepatitis C virus infection is the leading cause of cirrhosis in this country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.