One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a man) strong, fit, and having well-developed muscles.‘there's nothing funnier than seeing a really hench guy walking a tiny dog’‘he's looking pretty hench’
- ‘Mike thinks he is so hench.’
- ‘Not all girls like hench guys - some actually like slim/skinny fellas.’
- ‘This guy at gym helps me and my mate train and he's SO hench.’
- ‘Everyone knows someone skinny that thinks they're hench.’
- ‘Check out our website for information and products on sports nutrition and good luck getting hench!’
- ‘Who on earth is this guy? Never seen someone so hench in my entire life!’
- ‘A couple of hench guys were just walking around the gym doing nothing.’
- ‘Girls say they don't wanna use weights in the gym because they don't wanna get hench, like getting hench is easy!’
- ‘Just got in and there's a hench spider in my front room and no-one's here to get rid of it for me!’
- ‘There was this hench guy on the rowing machines and I got competitive and tried to keep up with him.’
Early 21st century: perhaps from henchman.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.