One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A celebration held for a woman who is about to get married, attended only by women.
- ‘In fact she celebrated her hen night in a local Italian restaurant, La Dolce Vita, in Groundwell Road, with 25 mates.’
- ‘A group of ten women are looking for a weekend break to celebrate a hen night.’
- ‘These days, rather than carrying celebrities, the giant white cars usually contain a raucous hen night or office party.’
- ‘Sisters Lorna Owen and Kristy Sturgeon were out to have a great hen night to celebrate Lorna's impending nuptials.’
- ‘Cameras filmed several of his six stag nights and the hen night of his bride.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.