One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A celebration held for a woman who is about to get married, attended only by women.
- ‘Cameras filmed several of his six stag nights and the hen night of his bride.’
- ‘A group of ten women are looking for a weekend break to celebrate a hen night.’
- ‘In fact she celebrated her hen night in a local Italian restaurant, La Dolce Vita, in Groundwell Road, with 25 mates.’
- ‘Sisters Lorna Owen and Kristy Sturgeon were out to have a great hen night to celebrate Lorna's impending nuptials.’
- ‘These days, rather than carrying celebrities, the giant white cars usually contain a raucous hen night or office party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.