One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A note with the time value of half a demisemiquaver, represented by a large dot with a four-hooked stem.Also called sixty-fourth note
- ‘We hear his dizzy, endless melodic chain of hemidemisemiquavers pouring from the chromatic button keyboard of three accordions.’
- ‘There was this very specific attention to every hemidemisemiquaver and how quintuplets were going to inter-relate with this and how the texture of the cymbalom would work with the mandolin versus the harps and so on.’
- ‘Jackson is a noted perfectionist who wants to get every hemidemisemiquaver right, and if the material is strong enough that true emotion gets through the handiwork, all the better.’
- ‘It's pretty unusual to find hemidemisemiquavers in pieces of music, because most of the time they're too short to be significant - just 1/64th of a semibreve.’
- ‘Endless varieties of notational patterns (up to hemidemisemiquavers) and ornaments can be created by combing the characters in the font’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.