One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having the shape of half a cylinder (divided lengthways).
- ‘The wrapping straps are attached so that when they are engaged, they align the two hemicylindrical forms to form a single cylinder.’
- ‘Set up a diode laser and a hemicylindrical acrylic prism to observe the phenomenon of total internal refraction.’
- ‘The ceiling is hemicylindrical in shape and is about 30 metres off the floor.’
- ‘Affected individuals have characteristic facial manifestations that include a long narrow facies, a broad hemicylindrical nose, with lack of alar flare, and a thin upper vermilion.’
- ‘From early accounts onward, the microscopic structure of the edge has been envisioned as a rounded, hemicylindrical rim of hydrophilic headgroups that protects the hydrophobic bilayer interior from contact with water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.