One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That was probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened regarding the Helvetian nation since William Tell.’
- ‘Luther had hoped that these two ‘weeds’ would be gradually rooted out by his successors, as indeed they were by ‘the French and Helvetian churches.’’
A native of Switzerland.
- ‘The Helvetians had to migrate to the south-west of France and had to cross through Roman territories.’
- ‘Several of the Helvetians' cities on hills have been excavated.’
- ‘The struggle was fierce, for the Helvetians were fighting for all that they counted most dear.’
- ‘Roman commander Julius Cesar defeated the Helvetians in 58 B.C. and made Helvetia a Roman territory with fortified borders.’
- ‘Roman civilisation was quickly adopted by the Helvetians when Switzerland was conquered by Julius Caesar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.