One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That was probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened regarding the Helvetian nation since William Tell.’
- ‘Luther had hoped that these two ‘weeds’ would be gradually rooted out by his successors, as indeed they were by ‘the French and Helvetian churches.’’
A native of Switzerland.
- ‘The Helvetians had to migrate to the south-west of France and had to cross through Roman territories.’
- ‘The struggle was fierce, for the Helvetians were fighting for all that they counted most dear.’
- ‘Roman civilisation was quickly adopted by the Helvetians when Switzerland was conquered by Julius Caesar.’
- ‘Several of the Helvetians' cities on hills have been excavated.’
- ‘Roman commander Julius Cesar defeated the Helvetians in 58 B.C. and made Helvetia a Roman territory with fortified borders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.