One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that provides help.‘the movie helpfully provides subtitles’‘our readership will helpfully point out any inaccuracies’
- ‘When she inquires at the desk, the manager helpfully points him out.’
- ‘There is a great sound system and some rock classics are helpfully supplied on CD.’
- ‘She helpfully suggested I try this smoothing shampoo and companion conditioner.’
- ‘I owe special thanks those whom responded deeply and helpfully to drafts of this essay.’
- ‘Our guide would helpfully translate the messages of some of the posters.’
- ‘The film opens with a newscast that is helpfully translated via sign language for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘This card they left helpfully informs me that they'll be back again today to attempt another delivery.’
- ‘Such work relies heavily on the crib sheets helpfully supplied by the artist.’
- ‘My tax credit adviser helpfully reminds me not to forget to include my personal financial details to ensure prompt payment.’
- ‘On learning that he wanted to go to Dubai, Rajesh advised him to get a passport and added helpfully that he knew an agent who could get him one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.