One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A T-lymphocyte that influences or controls the differentiation or activity of other cells of the immune system.
- ‘Creatine also appears to increase the activity of muscle helper cells called satellite cells.’
- ‘They exposed both naïve and mature helper cells to HIV, then stimulated the naïve cells to multiply through several rounds of cell division.’
- ‘The virus affects certain white blood cells, called T4 helper cells, which help the body fight disease.’
- ‘Because the cells originate without specialized abilities to fight specific diseases, they are known as T-zero helper cells.’
- ‘The HIV+ group was found to have significantly lower autonomic function than did the controls, along with lower helper cell counts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.