Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A T-lymphocyte that influences or controls the differentiation or activity of other cells of the immune system.
- ‘The HIV+ group was found to have significantly lower autonomic function than did the controls, along with lower helper cell counts.’
- ‘Because the cells originate without specialized abilities to fight specific diseases, they are known as T-zero helper cells.’
- ‘The virus affects certain white blood cells, called T4 helper cells, which help the body fight disease.’
- ‘They exposed both naïve and mature helper cells to HIV, then stimulated the naïve cells to multiply through several rounds of cell division.’
- ‘Creatine also appears to increase the activity of muscle helper cells called satellite cells.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.