One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who helps someone else.‘there was no shortage of willing helpers’‘we rely on volunteer helpers’
assistant, co-worker, fellow worker, workmate, teammate, helpmate, helpmeet, associate, aider, aide, colleague, supporter, partner, collaborator, abetterView synonyms
- ‘Following this early incident, Jake settled into his role as in-patient and domestic helper.’
- ‘Like most moms, Brenda is assisted in her domestic duties by mother's little helpers.’
- ‘Like tens of thousands of poor Asian women, she came to Hong Kong looking for a living wage as a domestic helper.’
- ‘She is employed as a domestic helper but the employers treat her no better than a stray dog.’
- ‘However, the couple were suddenly left without care support, except a domestic helper for two hours a week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.