One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling or characteristic of hell; hellish.
of hell, hellish, lower, nether, subterranean, underworldView synonyms
- ‘It's all a helly nightmare.’
- ‘The helly ringmaster cracks his whip!’
- ‘Let any indifferent man judge whether this party was fit to have a licence and authority conferred upon him to keep this helly trade or no.’
- ‘He went down into hell and threatened the helly king.’
- ‘Just pass me the wine - I've a helly and horrible kind of drouth!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.