One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘He displays a hedonism and love of the good life (as he sees it) that mirrors the promiscuous and hellraising lifestyle Liam had.’
- ‘While the hellraising days of alcohol-fuelled larrikinism and broken marriages might be behind him, at 70 he's on the road more often than not.’
- ‘His own career in apparently terminal decline due to a reputation as a prima donna and serial problems with narcotics addiction, the hellraising actor has apparently not spoken to his sister in years.’
- ‘He was not afraid to mix it up, running from hellraising R&B to slow, down-and-dirty Chicago blues.’
- ‘The rocker, famed for his hellraising and womanising ways, says he has had enough of the rock 'n' roll lifestyle and can't wait to finish his current tour so he can tend to his fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.