One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her portrayal of urban poverty, including harsh glimpses of racial stratification, sufficiently suggests the hellishness of Smith's everyday world.’
- ‘What they could not have guessed when they made their historic observations of Venus was the inhospitable hellishness of the planet's landscape.’
- ‘He had no illusions about the hellishness of war.’
- ‘He gives a speech about why he loves being in the Marines, but it's delivered against the backdrop of an apocalyptic oil fire, and his words carry less weight than the hellishness around him.’
- ‘Yesterday had the potential for hellishness, but somehow managed to turn out almost as perfect as it could have been instead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.