One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who has been rejected by a man can be ferociously angry and vindictive.
- ‘Oh, believe you me, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!’
- ‘They say that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.’
- ‘It's been said that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, so just imagine what kind of trouble you could find from an angry god.’
- ‘As Kristine learned first hand on their date, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.’
- ‘They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and, as Susan Flockhart discovered, cyberspace has become the preferred instrument of revenge’
- ‘Another recipient, who also wished to remain anonymous, said: ‘On the basis that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, we can only guess the author must suspect her husband is being unfaithful and is very bitter.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.