One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exclamation of annoyance or anger.‘Hell's bells, Don, you're being unreasonable’
- ‘Hell's bells, what a huge show this turned out to be.’
- ‘But hell's bells, look at it again!’
- ‘This is not to say that I'm the most current human being on the face of the earth - hell's bells, I'm in my 70s.’
- ‘Well hell's bells, David certainly made that happen.’
- ‘No, I did not, but hell's bells, I'm glad it did!’
- ‘Now it's… it's… hell's bells we don't even know what this bit sounds like but it's genius whatever it is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.