One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exclamation of annoyance or anger.‘Hell's bells, Don, you're being unreasonable’
- ‘Well hell's bells, David certainly made that happen.’
- ‘But hell's bells, look at it again!’
- ‘Now it's… it's… hell's bells we don't even know what this bit sounds like but it's genius whatever it is.’
- ‘No, I did not, but hell's bells, I'm glad it did!’
- ‘This is not to say that I'm the most current human being on the face of the earth - hell's bells, I'm in my 70s.’
- ‘Hell's bells, what a huge show this turned out to be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.