One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single-celled aquatic animal of the phylum Heliozoa.
- ‘Heliozoa is one of a diverse group of protozoa called heliozoans that live in both freshwater and marine environments.’
- ‘Of course in the case of both heliozoans, the axopodia were fixed in different states of retraction.’
- ‘This delicate heliozoan demonstrates the amazing ability of axiopods to repair themselves.’
- ‘Spotting this large heliozoan is easy and once seen, never forgotten.’
- ‘These heliozoans are found most often in freshwater, floating in the open water amongst reeds and algae.’
Relating to or denoting heliozoans.
- ‘One past heliozoan, Sticholonche, was found by Nikolaev et al. to cluster with Acantharea.’
- ‘The genetic foundation for sequestering ribosomes near the nucleus could have developed in amoeboid or heliozoan ancestors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.