One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The therapeutic use of sunlight.
- ‘The ancient Greeks employed whole-body sun exposure or heliotherapy in the treatment of disease, and lying nude in the sun was a popular pastime.’
- ‘We had no intention of making it seem as if some of the benefits of heliotherapy were suggested by you.’
- ‘Although heliotherapy has been practiced for at least 2400 years, there was very little objective evidence supporting its purported therapeutic influence.’
- ‘Early in the 20th century, the debate in the literature over the healthiness of heliotherapy and arc lamps provided the motivation for testing these ideas using animal models.’
- ‘The trouble with heliotherapy, for those who live in northern Europe, is that there is just not enough sunshine or, more precisely, strong natural sunlight is too unreliable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.