Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The region of space, encompassing the solar system, in which the solar wind has a significant influence.
- ‘Voyager 1 has left the termination shock to enter the heliosphere, a region still influenced by the solar wind.’
- ‘The fast solar wind from the polar regions flowed uniformly to fill a large fraction of the heliosphere, and variability was confined to a narrow region around the solar equator.’
- ‘Bolstering that view, simple models of the heliosphere require that the magnetic field intensifies in regions where the solar wind slows.’
- ‘Because it remains beyond Earth's orbit, the heliosphere continues to deflect dust particles away from the planet.’
- ‘Its measurements show that the fast wind predominates in the heliosphere, which is a huge bubble blown into interstellar space by the Sun's outpourings, and extending far beyond the outermost planets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.