One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The region of space, encompassing the solar system, in which the solar wind has a significant influence.
- ‘Its measurements show that the fast wind predominates in the heliosphere, which is a huge bubble blown into interstellar space by the Sun's outpourings, and extending far beyond the outermost planets.’
- ‘Voyager 1 has left the termination shock to enter the heliosphere, a region still influenced by the solar wind.’
- ‘Because it remains beyond Earth's orbit, the heliosphere continues to deflect dust particles away from the planet.’
- ‘The fast solar wind from the polar regions flowed uniformly to fill a large fraction of the heliosphere, and variability was confined to a narrow region around the solar equator.’
- ‘Bolstering that view, simple models of the heliosphere require that the magnetic field intensifies in regions where the solar wind slows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.