One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNZ, Australian
The rounding up of livestock using a helicopter.‘helimustering has blossomed because it is cost-efficient’
- ‘We had a bit of a heli-mustering drama, too.’
- ‘His first helimustering ride was like "being on a runaway roller coaster with your eyes closed."’
- ‘Helimustering has blossomed because it is cost-efficient.’
- ‘It was also during his time that heli-mustering became very popular.’
- ‘We visit the base of Australia's biggest helimustering outfit.’
- ‘He was a fledgling member of the heli-mustering community.’
- ‘I heard him grumbling about the effects of heli-mustering on cattle condition.’
- ‘I'd hoped to see a bit of heli-mustering while I was up this way.’
- ‘Helimustering accidents are still a worry.’
- ‘Heli-mustering in a tough industry was both cost effective and a time saving alternative to stockmen in a big operation like theirs.’
1980s: blend of helicopter and muster.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.