One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of saving or being saved from danger using a helicopter.‘a couple were plucked from their yacht in a dramatic helicopter rescue’
- ‘A stranded hiker saved in a daring helicopter rescue after seven days missing in the Japanese Alps is believed to be from York.’
- ‘He climbed back up and rescued two climbers, carrying one of them on his back to a high-altitude helicopter rescue.’
- ‘The military was undecided whether to risk mounting a helicopter rescue mission because of the hazardous conditions.’
- ‘A helicopter rescue team was called out early Sunday morning to rescue a hiker.’
- ‘Hostages freed in a daring helicopter rescue said yesterday their grueling existence as captives of worsened in recent months.’
- ‘The team got the hiker out using a special helicopter rescue system.’
- ‘Since then we have had numerous outdoor camping trips, and I am happy to report that all have ended without the assistance of a helicopter rescue.’
- ‘The dramatic scenes of helicopter rescues received worldwide coverage.’
- ‘A young person phoned inquiring about becoming a civilian helicopter rescue crew member.’
- ‘The helicopter rescue team attempted to reach them several times but was unable to do so due to poor weather conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.