One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who operates the flying controls of a helicopter.‘a professionally qualified helicopter pilot’
- ‘The helicopter pilots are concerned about minimizing their impact on the people below.’
- ‘Some heroic stunts were accomplished, including some great flying by helicopter pilots.’
- ‘The officers tried to contact the helicopter pilot, but the helicopter landed on a public street and the pilot entered a residence.’
- ‘The helicopter pilot sights the circling white gulls and frigate birds first, then the sudden high, arching leaps from a large group of spotted dolphins below.’
- ‘The helicopter pilot hovers close above the school.’
- ‘She's the first black woman to become a combat helicopter pilot in department's history.’
- ‘The helicopter pilot took what can only be described as very drastic evasive action.’
- ‘"I wanted to be a helicopter pilot," Justin adds.’
- ‘Our helicopter pilot steers sideways between two mountain peaks some 8,000 feet from the ground.’
- ‘The helicopter-pilot flies her over fields, forests and mountaintops, and she has become "completely enamored by the sheer abstract beauty of the aerial landscape".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.