One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pattern of currents was originally represented as a spiral or helicoidal flow, but more complex cells of circulation have since been identified which can influence the distribution of erosion and deposition.’
- ‘One could pursue this type of analysis further and compute, for example, the correlations between two different helicoidal parameters in different steps, etc.’
- ‘The energy is expressed in terms of the six helicoidal parameters: twist, tilt, roll, shift, slide, and rise.’
- ‘Thirteen pages with drawings for man-powered aeroplanes survive and there is one design for a helicoidal helicopter.’
- ‘Each inflorescence produces 200-300 flowers that have a helicoidal repartition and open in sequence from bottom to top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.