One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1799 his brother George, who had inherited the estate of their mother's heirless brother, gave him £8000 in Bank of England stock.’
- ‘The title was subsequently created for another Humphrey, brother of Henry V, who died heirless, and then for Richard, brother of Edward IV, who became King Richard III in 1483.’
- ‘I didn't invest sixteen years of my life and money to raise an ungrateful heirless brat!’
- ‘Despite being married to many wives he was heirless.’
- ‘The Princess was elderly, heirless and living in genteel poverty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.