One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a statement about the inherent heinousness, anger, distrust, and psychosis bubbling under the surface of our suburban social order, these reflections are very potent indeed.’
- ‘Anyway, I'm having a hard time seeing the heinousness of this document again.’
- ‘However, the prosecutor brought them back to the heinousness of the crime and the emotion.’
- ‘To that end, seek greater awareness of your depravity and the heinousness and irrationality of sin.’
- ‘Certainly, given the heinousness of the accusation and the community outrage, it wouldn't be a surprise if they asked for it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.