One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But there's a heedlessness to the city's sense of its own fabled history.’
- ‘It is impossible to achieve genuine distinction without a certain heedlessness of public opinion.’
- ‘They moved with a heedlessness and dreamlike courage towards the doom they had so assiduously courted.’
- ‘Though lacking beauty in any strict sense of the word, her energy and heedlessness - a sort of helplessness born of irresponsibility - drew people to her.’
- ‘He has the loose-jointed movements of an athlete, and a brisk heedlessness as he crushes raw sugar into a splash of coffee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.