One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Engaged in the pursuit of pleasure; sensually self-indulgent.‘a hedonistic existence of booze, drugs, and parties’
self-indulgent, indulgent, pleasure-seeking, pleasure-loving, sybaritic, lotus-eating, epicureanView synonyms
- ‘And if you get tired of all that festival stuff, we bring you a guide to Edinburgh that will point you in the direction of more hedonistic pursuits.’
- ‘The sinful, hedonistic realm of pop music may seem a million miles away from the austere, forbidding world of Christian fundamentalism.’
- ‘He will lead a hedonistic life of unrestricted sense enjoyment, lording over everything and everyone.’
- ‘Yet they help put the hedonistic excesses of the decade into proper perspective.’
- ‘I got to the door, got the cursory glance up and down, and was admitted to the hedonistic multi-level entertainment palace that is the Shed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.