One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metric unit of mass equal to one hundred grams.
- ‘According to their weight you add the same quantity of flour and sugar: for instance if they weight three hectograms then you should add three hectograms of flour and sugar.’
- ‘The essential proportion is given by three hectograms of calcite for one kilo of earth.’
- ‘Thanks to our policy of strict, hard, pruning; the yield fluctuates between 30 and 40 hectogrammes per hectare.’
- ‘The amount of protein present is also significant: 20g per hectogram, making them a favourite basis of a vegetarian diet.’
- ‘What do you do when you have to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius, or micrograms to hectograms?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.