One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ecclesiastical and religious history exhibition ‘From heathendom to Christianity’ is housed inside Moster Amfi.’
- ‘The stave churches were built in the period from around 1000 up to 1349 when the Black Death attacked Norway, a period where the heathendom, although officially dead, still was strong in Norway.’
- ‘He and his wife, both of whom know from experience what it means to be snatched out of heathendom, were willing to go… even if that meant uprooting a family of six sons and two daughters.’
- ‘‘All these things smack of heathendom,’ he remarks.’
- ‘It was a way in which to ‘camouflage’ the heathendom, by using names that had to be interpreted before their connection to heathendom was revealed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.