One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a way in which to ‘camouflage’ the heathendom, by using names that had to be interpreted before their connection to heathendom was revealed.’
- ‘‘All these things smack of heathendom,’ he remarks.’
- ‘The ecclesiastical and religious history exhibition ‘From heathendom to Christianity’ is housed inside Moster Amfi.’
- ‘The stave churches were built in the period from around 1000 up to 1349 when the Black Death attacked Norway, a period where the heathendom, although officially dead, still was strong in Norway.’
- ‘He and his wife, both of whom know from experience what it means to be snatched out of heathendom, were willing to go… even if that meant uprooting a family of six sons and two daughters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.