Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The use of heat for therapeutic purposes in medicine or to modify the properties of a material, especially in metallurgy.
- ‘Ice packs also can help, and you can try alternating heat treatment with ice packs.’
- ‘Thinner veins can be removed with laser or heat treatment (thermal ablation).’
- ‘If your skin has poor sensation or if you have poor circulation, don't use heat treatment.’
- ‘She was unable to attend the fundraiser because she is receiving revolutionary heat treatment in Germany.’
- ‘It's difficult not to relax as you wander at your own pace around the heat treatment rooms of the Thermal Suite, then lie, robed, on a heat-contoured couch, willing yourself to stay awake.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.