One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for transferring heat from one medium to another.
- ‘These blood vessels act as a countercurrent heat-exchanger.’
- ‘These experiments are expected to contribute, respectively, to new heat-exchanger designs, to more efficient oil exploration processes, and to better semiconductor alloys.’
- ‘In the winter, the air behind the outer glass facade warms and rises to the air box, which functions as a heat-exchanger, returning hot air to the apartments.’
- ‘The fire heats the water, which then flows into the next room where an Amish-style heat-exchanger keeps the water warm.’
- ‘Get everywhere well insulated and put heat-exchangers on the ventilation system so it's an energy-efficient system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.