Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a feeling or its expression) deeply and strongly felt; sincere.‘our heartfelt thanks’
sincere, genuine, unfeigned, deeply felt, from the heartearnest, profound, deep, wholehearted, ardent, fervent, passionate, enthusiastic, eager, kindly, warm, cordialhonest, bona fidefull-heartedView synonyms
- ‘To his family and friends, we offer our heartfelt sympathy on their sad loss.’
- ‘Alex shrugged as she dug out a small chunk and stuck it in her mouth and groaned in heartfelt appreciation.’
- ‘Please, if you've written or messaged me, accept this as our heartfelt thanks for your good thoughts.’
- ‘We send all our love and heartfelt sorrow for all your family and everybody who knew and loved you.’
- ‘The emotion was raw, the anger was genuine and the agony was heartfelt.’
- ‘We extend our heartfelt sympathy to his wife and family, relations and friends.’
- ‘The quality content has left me feeling mentally stimulated and with heartfelt hope.’
- ‘Panting, he looked down at her and searched her face for any sign of murderous anger or heartfelt anguish.’
- ‘The woman looked blissfully content, as though she had been granted her most heartfelt desire.’
- ‘I replied, somewhat curtly, stopping sipping to accentuate my heartfelt disappointment.’
- ‘To her family and friends, we offer our deepest and heartfelt sympathy on the loss of their loved one.’
- ‘To his heartbroken family and friends, we offer our deepest and heartfelt sympathy.’
- ‘He's trying to do away with the cynical sneer and make a genuine film with heartfelt emotion.’
- ‘But then he looked up at her with a heartfelt expression, and proceeded to beg.’
- ‘It is easy to misuse one of the most heartfelt passions of mankind, namely, religion.’
- ‘It epitomises the exuberant way they have of expressing candidness and their heartfelt passion for music.’
- ‘Work on keeping a balance between heartfelt enthusiasm and manic overzealotry.’
- ‘Handed a microphone at the final whistle, he offered heartfelt thanks for their support since his arrival.’
- ‘Today his parents have made a heartfelt plea for teenagers to share their problems following the death of their son.’
- ‘But we locals were also affected by a sense of heartfelt relief that, in turn, led to not a little anger.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.