One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The speed at which the heart beats.‘the average heart rate is 72 beats a minute’
- ‘She reviews vital signs—temperature, heart rate—which had been tapped into the computer by a nurse's aide earlier.’
- ‘I remember cold metal instruments checking my heart rate, taking my temperature.’
- ‘There's precious little here to raise the heart rate.’
- ‘An obstacle for the developers is the need for software to distinguish between increased heart rates due to stress or physical activity.’
- ‘The children's heart rates were recorded over two sessions.’
- ‘The training has lowered his resting heart rate to 38.’
- ‘Electronic underwear sensitive to fluctuations in the wearer's heart rate has been developed by the research facility in Germany.’
- ‘I took a few deep breaths, which seemed to help slow my heart rate some.’
- ‘She gaped at her friends, trying to control her heart rate.’
- ‘His heart rate started to become erratic, making his blood pulse through his veins with added force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.