One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The speed at which the heart beats.‘the average heart rate is 72 beats a minute’
- ‘She gaped at her friends, trying to control her heart rate.’
- ‘His heart rate started to become erratic, making his blood pulse through his veins with added force.’
- ‘I remember cold metal instruments checking my heart rate, taking my temperature.’
- ‘She reviews vital signs—temperature, heart rate—which had been tapped into the computer by a nurse's aide earlier.’
- ‘An obstacle for the developers is the need for software to distinguish between increased heart rates due to stress or physical activity.’
- ‘The training has lowered his resting heart rate to 38.’
- ‘Electronic underwear sensitive to fluctuations in the wearer's heart rate has been developed by the research facility in Germany.’
- ‘I took a few deep breaths, which seemed to help slow my heart rate some.’
- ‘There's precious little here to raise the heart rate.’
- ‘The children's heart rates were recorded over two sessions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.