One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device used to observe and check the rate, rhythm, or some other aspect of the heart.‘the head coach instituted players wearing heart monitors at practice’
- ‘Club members have stepped in to help to boost the fundraising total to buy heart monitors.’
- ‘The child, who is now 14 months old, gave up his heart monitor for good only a month ago.’
- ‘We have put people on heart monitors to test how excited they get.’
- ‘A new video enhancement tool and a non-invasive heart monitor are just a couple of the agency's nearly 50 commercialized products featured.’
- ‘Software programs are available that can transform PDAs into calorie counters, fitness trainers, and even portable heart monitors.’
- ‘She has become bradycardic, requiring a heart monitor at night.’
- ‘The killer turns out to be the technician who services the patient's heart monitor.’
- ‘She said a heart monitor had revealed that his heart was stopping during the night for up to three seconds.’
- ‘The appeal quickly paid for 12 new portable heart monitors for use at York Hospital.’
- ‘The money will be used by the hospital to buy two new heart monitors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.