One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device used to observe and check the rate, rhythm, or some other aspect of the heart.‘the head coach instituted players wearing heart monitors at practice’
- ‘Software programs are available that can transform PDAs into calorie counters, fitness trainers, and even portable heart monitors.’
- ‘A new video enhancement tool and a non-invasive heart monitor are just a couple of the agency's nearly 50 commercialized products featured.’
- ‘Club members have stepped in to help to boost the fundraising total to buy heart monitors.’
- ‘The appeal quickly paid for 12 new portable heart monitors for use at York Hospital.’
- ‘The money will be used by the hospital to buy two new heart monitors.’
- ‘The killer turns out to be the technician who services the patient's heart monitor.’
- ‘We have put people on heart monitors to test how excited they get.’
- ‘She has become bradycardic, requiring a heart monitor at night.’
- ‘The child, who is now 14 months old, gave up his heart monitor for good only a month ago.’
- ‘She said a heart monitor had revealed that his heart was stopping during the night for up to three seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.