One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in palmistry) the upper of the two horizontal lines that cross the palm of the hand, linked to a person's physical health and ability to form emotional relationships.
- ‘They are identified by palmists as head lines, heart lines, life lines, and fate or destiny lines, and are alleged to be useful in predicting a person's future.’
- ‘At the point where it's connected by another line to my heart line (making a triangle in my palm).’
- ‘‘La Croix Mystique’ is when an X marks the spot under your heart line, It shows that you have special intuition and psychic abilities.’
- ‘That's why your heart line cuts your lifeline.’
- ‘The heart line curving downwards from the base of the fingers ran over to the percussion without any branches or crosses to weaken its course.’
- ‘The heart line, which runs across the palm from underneath the little finger to the index finger, reflects a person's emotionality; their ability to express feelings and share them with others.’
- ‘The upper line that runs across the base of the fingers is the heart line which reveals tragedies in a person's lifetime if broken.’
- ‘These lines are given names like the life line, the head line, the heart line, the Saturne line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.