Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in palmistry) the upper of the two horizontal lines that cross the palm of the hand, linked to a person's physical health and ability to form emotional relationships.
- ‘The heart line, which runs across the palm from underneath the little finger to the index finger, reflects a person's emotionality; their ability to express feelings and share them with others.’
- ‘They are identified by palmists as head lines, heart lines, life lines, and fate or destiny lines, and are alleged to be useful in predicting a person's future.’
- ‘‘La Croix Mystique’ is when an X marks the spot under your heart line, It shows that you have special intuition and psychic abilities.’
- ‘At the point where it's connected by another line to my heart line (making a triangle in my palm).’
- ‘The upper line that runs across the base of the fingers is the heart line which reveals tragedies in a person's lifetime if broken.’
- ‘That's why your heart line cuts your lifeline.’
- ‘The heart line curving downwards from the base of the fingers ran over to the percussion without any branches or crosses to weaken its course.’
- ‘These lines are given names like the life line, the head line, the heart line, the Saturne line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.