One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Tale is ingenuously layered, infused with creepiness and spiked with a couple of real heart-stoppers.’
- ‘The Adriatic coast is hipper than ever, but still, the £4m price tag is a heart-stopper.’
- ‘This tells me that low-volume, high-quality heart-stoppers sell for a premium.’
- ‘Apart from that minor heart-stopper, we had a fantastic time on holiday in Boston.’
- ‘The gold may steal brochure headlines, but the kitchen is the real heart - and heart-stopper - of the Golden Temple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.