One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Partially or completely deaf.
- ‘Open captioning appears along the bottom of the screen for hearing impaired visitors.’
- ‘Most health professionals will have had some experience of working with hearing impaired people.’
- ‘Hearing dogs are trained to alert the deaf & hearing impaired to every day sounds by physical contact.’
- ‘The following account by Jenny will allow you to consider some of the issues facing hearing impaired people.’
- ‘They met each other almost four years ago at an interactive session for the hearing-impaired community in the city.’
- ‘The hearing impaired child depends a lot on visual clues provided to him for learning.’
- ‘This design is especially appropriate for two bedmates who must awaken at different times, or for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘Communication among professionals is essential to ensure appropriate management of the hearing impaired child.’
- ‘This interpreter wanted to bring the news about the Edwards affair to the hearing impaired.’
- ‘It also includes closed captioning for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘Neighbors said the boy is blind and hearing impaired.’
- ‘There are no subtitles, but there are closed captions for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘In Vietnam, we had the chance to visit a special program for hearing-impaired children.’
- ‘Complaints from the disabled community in New Jersey led to four theater chains there to add special device for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘Harkins would have been able to escape had she not been hearing-impaired.’
- ‘The hearing impaired children excelled in dancing, mainly depending on the lip movements.’
- ‘Of course Gallaudet is a university that does such a wonderful job of teaching hearing impaired students.’
- ‘People still conversed with each other in dance halls, sign language was only used by the hearing impaired.’
- ‘It's designed for the visually or hearing impaired.’
- ‘I heard thousands of phone conversations during my years working with the hearing impaired.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.