One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Partially or completely deaf.
- ‘Most health professionals will have had some experience of working with hearing impaired people.’
- ‘They met each other almost four years ago at an interactive session for the hearing-impaired community in the city.’
- ‘Harkins would have been able to escape had she not been hearing-impaired.’
- ‘Open captioning appears along the bottom of the screen for hearing impaired visitors.’
- ‘The following account by Jenny will allow you to consider some of the issues facing hearing impaired people.’
- ‘There are no subtitles, but there are closed captions for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘In Vietnam, we had the chance to visit a special program for hearing-impaired children.’
- ‘Complaints from the disabled community in New Jersey led to four theater chains there to add special device for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘The hearing impaired children excelled in dancing, mainly depending on the lip movements.’
- ‘This interpreter wanted to bring the news about the Edwards affair to the hearing impaired.’
- ‘It also includes closed captioning for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘Neighbors said the boy is blind and hearing impaired.’
- ‘Hearing dogs are trained to alert the deaf & hearing impaired to every day sounds by physical contact.’
- ‘Of course Gallaudet is a university that does such a wonderful job of teaching hearing impaired students.’
- ‘It's designed for the visually or hearing impaired.’
- ‘People still conversed with each other in dance halls, sign language was only used by the hearing impaired.’
- ‘I heard thousands of phone conversations during my years working with the hearing impaired.’
- ‘The hearing impaired child depends a lot on visual clues provided to him for learning.’
- ‘Communication among professionals is essential to ensure appropriate management of the hearing impaired child.’
- ‘This design is especially appropriate for two bedmates who must awaken at different times, or for the hearing impaired.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.