One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appearing in good physical condition.‘smooth, radiant, healthy-looking skin’‘healthy-looking green leaves’
rosy, pink, red, reddish, rose-red, flushed, blushingView synonyms
- ‘I don't like skiers - they're all so extroverted and healthy-looking.’
- ‘But the idea that cosmetic surgery is a short cut to a fit, healthy-looking body is false.’
- ‘He's skinny, but strong and healthy-looking, with bright eyes and well-toned muscles.’
- ‘Your skin is guaranteed to have a healthy-looking morning glow because of the gentle exfoliation of this stimulating process.’
- ‘On the beach, having fresh, healthy-looking skin is key.’
- ‘Only live, healthy-looking seedlings make it out of the nurseries.’
- ‘Today you might have healthy-looking plants and tomorrow some pest or disease might wipe them out.’
- ‘Slim and healthy-looking, he could easily pass for a decade younger.’
- ‘Although I've been assured that a vegan diet can be a healthy one I have not met a healthy-looking vegan yet.’
- ‘The people of New York are slim and healthy-looking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.