Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having or conducive to good health:‘healthful methods of cooking vegetables’
good for one, good for one's health, healthy, health-giving, beneficial, salubrious, salutarywholesome, nourishing, nutritiousView synonyms
- ‘However the toppings can offset the healthful benefits implied by the above.’
- ‘Okay, so here's how you get around that and eat your cheap, healthful tofu.’
- ‘Health-conscious people have known for decades the benefits of soy foods and that they are a fun and healthful addition to the diet.’
- ‘Foods like fish, avocados and nuts contain healthful fats that are good for a glowing complexion.’
- ‘Meanwhile, efforts continue to amplify the healthful benefits of milk itself.’
- ‘Actually, the spicy food has various healthful effects and is often recommended by nutritionists.’
- ‘You can surround yourself with a system and equipment that are conducive to healthful eating and exercise.’
- ‘Or, shocker, you've decided to change your diet to one that some people see as more healthful.’
- ‘Even those who are the most devoted to a regimen of exercise and healthful nutrition can be sabotaged by their genes.’
- ‘For example, a number of respondents may have given answers related to good nutrition or healthful eating.’
- ‘Choose healthful foods most of the time, and splurge only occasionally.’
- ‘At the recommended concentration of just 30 parts per million, it is completely harmless and very healthful.’
- ‘A healthful high-carbohydrate diet does not appear to raise insulin levels.’
- ‘Shelves in back are stocked with 19 th-century elixirs containing such healthful ingredients as swamp root and deer tongue.’
- ‘We mix kelp or healthful herbs into the feed whenever we can afford to and also use herbs to relieve symptoms when a bird is sick.’
- ‘The price was very reasonable for the tastefully prepared, healthful and delicious food, the place is beautiful and the folks very friendly.’
- ‘To keep Mom happy and to be sure your body's nutritional needs are being met, make a special effort to eat healthful meals.’
- ‘Milk consumption remains on the rise thanks to a nationwide effort to promote its healthful benefits.’
- ‘The strong Chinese belief in Jade's healthful properties led to the tradition of wearing jade jewellery.’
- ‘If I am paying for your health care, I want you to live in a healthful manner.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.