One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A trained nurse who visits people in their homes to assist or advise the chronically ill or parents with very young children.
- ‘If you are worried about how your child will react to the vaccine, or if he or she has had previous reactions, talk to your GP, practice nurse or health visitor.’
- ‘Each child should have an appointed key worker, such as a health visitor or school nurse, who knows about the assessment process and acts as a contact for the parent or carer.’
- ‘You can always see the health visitor or school nurse at any time, if you have any concerns.’
- ‘The health visitor or doctor can advise on how to manage these problems.’
- ‘Mothers reported obtaining most general information about vaccination from their health visitor.’
- ‘Parents worried about bedwetting can consult their GP, health visitor or school nurse.’
- ‘A health visitor sometimes visits, but in an emergency both these old men would be in trouble out here.’
- ‘Leila actually arranged for her health visitor to pay a visit to Anne-Marie's school to talk to her teachers and explain what they should do in the case of the little girl having a seizure.’
- ‘If you are breastfeeding, it is a good idea talk to your health visitor or midwife during home visits.’
- ‘A referral to the clinic is made by either the GP, health visitor or nurse after consultation.’
- ‘A district nurse and community health visitor will also use the new centre as a base.’
- ‘Talk to your health visitor or the nurse at your doctor's surgery.’
- ‘Any parent who is concerned that a child may be allergic or intolerant to any food should get advice from their health visitor or GP.’
- ‘On a personal note, I asked my health visitor and medical practise repeatedly that my daughter be given her pre-school MMR in separate doses.’
- ‘If any problems seem prolonged and you are worried about weight or growth, contact your health visitor, G.P or Dietitian.’
- ‘Check with your dentist or health visitor if you are unsure about how to look after your baby's teeth.’
- ‘If you are uncertain, always check with your dentist or health visitor.’
- ‘Sheila started working as a health visitor from the Central Clinic in Colchester, as well as the Greenstead clinic and East Hill.’
- ‘The first was last Friday when experienced mothers with a nursery nurse and a health visitor gave advice on weaning.’
- ‘Married with two daughters, she is a qualified nurse, midwife and health visitor and set up her own company advising on customer relations management.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.