Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A trained nurse who visits people in their homes to assist or advise the chronically ill or parents with very young children.
- ‘Each child should have an appointed key worker, such as a health visitor or school nurse, who knows about the assessment process and acts as a contact for the parent or carer.’
- ‘If you are breastfeeding, it is a good idea talk to your health visitor or midwife during home visits.’
- ‘If you are worried about how your child will react to the vaccine, or if he or she has had previous reactions, talk to your GP, practice nurse or health visitor.’
- ‘The health visitor or doctor can advise on how to manage these problems.’
- ‘Talk to your health visitor or the nurse at your doctor's surgery.’
- ‘The first was last Friday when experienced mothers with a nursery nurse and a health visitor gave advice on weaning.’
- ‘Any parent who is concerned that a child may be allergic or intolerant to any food should get advice from their health visitor or GP.’
- ‘You can always see the health visitor or school nurse at any time, if you have any concerns.’
- ‘Parents worried about bedwetting can consult their GP, health visitor or school nurse.’
- ‘If you are uncertain, always check with your dentist or health visitor.’
- ‘A district nurse and community health visitor will also use the new centre as a base.’
- ‘Leila actually arranged for her health visitor to pay a visit to Anne-Marie's school to talk to her teachers and explain what they should do in the case of the little girl having a seizure.’
- ‘On a personal note, I asked my health visitor and medical practise repeatedly that my daughter be given her pre-school MMR in separate doses.’
- ‘Mothers reported obtaining most general information about vaccination from their health visitor.’
- ‘A health visitor sometimes visits, but in an emergency both these old men would be in trouble out here.’
- ‘Check with your dentist or health visitor if you are unsure about how to look after your baby's teeth.’
- ‘A referral to the clinic is made by either the GP, health visitor or nurse after consultation.’
- ‘If any problems seem prolonged and you are worried about weight or growth, contact your health visitor, G.P or Dietitian.’
- ‘Sheila started working as a health visitor from the Central Clinic in Colchester, as well as the Greenstead clinic and East Hill.’
- ‘Married with two daughters, she is a qualified nurse, midwife and health visitor and set up her own company advising on customer relations management.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.