One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercial establishment offering health and beauty treatments such as steam baths, exercise, and massage.‘a pamper weekend at a health spa’
- ‘This was originally a small agricultural and mining village which evolved into a health spa when scientists discovered the benefits of its dry climate for the respiratory system.’
- ‘The growing number of specialist tour operators offer everything from a pamper weekend at a health spa
- ‘The resort was built with a health spa as part of a "wellness" program for its guests.’
- ‘On New Year's Day, they can relax and pamper themselves using the health spa, the pool, or the Jacuzzi.’
- ‘Guests are given access to a health spa, restaurant, and business center.’
- ‘He found this rather ramshackle health spa in Georgia, where the waters did make him feel better.’
- ‘There is a health spa that features the city's only stainless steel swimming pool.’
- ‘His photos form a steamy travelogue of the globe's health spas and hot springs.’
- ‘"The doctor opened a health spa which did well initially, but people started getting sick," she said.’
- ‘The hall has a large, serene health spa with windows replacing the walls of their indoor pool so that swimmers have a view across the sea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.