One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercial establishment offering health and beauty treatments such as steam baths, exercise, and massage.‘a pamper weekend at a health spa’
- ‘He found this rather ramshackle health spa in Georgia, where the waters did make him feel better.’
- ‘The hall has a large, serene health spa with windows replacing the walls of their indoor pool so that swimmers have a view across the sea.’
- ‘On New Year's Day, they can relax and pamper themselves using the health spa, the pool, or the Jacuzzi.’
- ‘"The doctor opened a health spa which did well initially, but people started getting sick," she said.’
- ‘His photos form a steamy travelogue of the globe's health spas and hot springs.’
- ‘The resort was built with a health spa as part of a "wellness" program for its guests.’
- ‘Guests are given access to a health spa, restaurant, and business center.’
- ‘There is a health spa that features the city's only stainless steel swimming pool.’
- ‘The growing number of specialist tour operators offer everything from a pamper weekend at a health spa
- ‘This was originally a small agricultural and mining village which evolved into a health spa when scientists discovered the benefits of its dry climate for the respiratory system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.