One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insurance taken out to cover the cost of medical care.‘having adequate health insurance is of utmost importance’
- ‘The number of Americans living below the poverty line has increased, and so has the number of Americans without health insurance.’
- ‘He organized a rally to protest against the hikes to health insurance payments.’
- ‘Employees who belonged to a union were much more likely to be covered by health insurance through their main job than non-union workers.’
- ‘As additional workers lose their health insurance, they use hospital emergency rooms as a last resort.’
- ‘She wasn't entitled to a refund under her private health insurance policy as she was not covered for outpatient services.’
- ‘Cosmetic surgery isn't covered by health insurance.’
- ‘Many unemployed workers and their families go without health insurance.’
- ‘We need to work out a system that includes a greater emphasis on preventive care and sufficient public funding for health insurance for those who cannot afford it in the private sector.’
- ‘She retained her pension, health insurance, and other benefits.’
- ‘Employers who provide health insurance to spouses must offer insurance to registered domestic partners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.