One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insurance taken out to cover the cost of medical care.‘having adequate health insurance is of utmost importance’
- ‘She retained her pension, health insurance, and other benefits.’
- ‘She wasn't entitled to a refund under her private health insurance policy as she was not covered for outpatient services.’
- ‘As additional workers lose their health insurance, they use hospital emergency rooms as a last resort.’
- ‘Employees who belonged to a union were much more likely to be covered by health insurance through their main job than non-union workers.’
- ‘We need to work out a system that includes a greater emphasis on preventive care and sufficient public funding for health insurance for those who cannot afford it in the private sector.’
- ‘He organized a rally to protest against the hikes to health insurance payments.’
- ‘Employers who provide health insurance to spouses must offer insurance to registered domestic partners.’
- ‘Cosmetic surgery isn't covered by health insurance.’
- ‘Many unemployed workers and their families go without health insurance.’
- ‘The number of Americans living below the poverty line has increased, and so has the number of Americans without health insurance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.