One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official employed to ensure that health regulations are obeyed.‘the health inspector almost closed the premises’
- ‘The corporation conducts periodic inspection by a health inspector to monitor the quality of food.’
- ‘"The public health inspector visited the school, and after speaking with teachers they decided that they would not be going back to classes," he said.’
- ‘He joked that he'd seen some universities in such a state of disrepair as to warrant a visit from the health inspector.’
- ‘He invited a health inspector into his kitchen and discovered the truth.’
- ‘The restaurant sits closed after it was shut down by health inspectors in July.’
- ‘He became a target of health inspectors, and, although no cigarettes were found in his workplace, he was fined for possessing an unused ashtray.’
- ‘His other business—a sandwich shop—was shut down by city health inspectors.’
- ‘The health inspectors have been giving the workers "strict warnings" to leave in 48 hours, whenever the residents complain.’
- ‘I urge health inspectors to visit this school and see for themselves what I am talking about!’
- ‘You will see people selling chips and goat meat in shacks that pass off for restaurants and one wonders where our health inspectors are.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.