One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shop selling natural food that is thought to have health-giving qualities.‘the organic grains you buy at the health food shop’
- ‘You can hunt in supermarkets and health food shops for cereal bars that are free of added sugar, hydrogenated fats, and additives.’
- ‘Wherever he goes in the world, he checks out health food shops and local produce.’
- ‘This herb can be bought over the counter in health food shops.’
- ‘I use vitamin E cream from a health-food shop.’
- ‘He began making bread some years ago at the request of a health food shop he was supplying, and then got requests for specialty European breads from other outlets.’
- ‘Antioxidant supplements are readily available in health food shops and chemists.’
- ‘You can get spelt flour in health-food shops and larger supermarkets.’
- ‘The new health food shop will supply a wide range of organic products.’
- ‘I have been eating the same brown-rice-and-black-eyed-beans casserole for breakfast each day, which I buy from a nice health food shop.’
- ‘Assistants in the local health food shops were happy to give advice and information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.